Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thank God It's Thursday!

I had a VERY long day at school. Nothing bad really happened... it just dragged on and on. I'm sure you know what those days are like. I couldn't wait to get home!!! So now I'm home and there's no school tomorrow!!! I just finished my dinner and I don't feel like moving. haha. My head is telling me to go to the gym, but my body is saying "I want ice cream!" I have a feeling that I'll go with the latter because I'm just beat. I watched an episode of Parental Control when I got home. Honestly, who on earth would go on that show? I mean, it's hilarious and all, but you have got to be crazy. I feel so bad for some of these parents... but I do laugh for the majority of the show. I think I just watch way too much tv. Anyone catch the premiere of Fringe? It's a new show and I love it! I really shouldn't get addicted to another show, but this one is just THAT good. It's not LOST good... don't get me wrong, but it kept me on my toes.

As for the recipe... it's meatloaf!!!! Okay, Tofu Oat Loaf. I found it on some food blog a while ago, and I feel really bad that I can't give this person credit. I've searched for this recipe on a bunch of people's blogs, and I can't seem to find it. If this is your recipe, it is very good! I changed some ingredients because I didn't have a lot of them and because I like a little spice in my meatloaf. It turned out SOO GOOD! I also made it in my muffin tin because it was sitting right on the counter staring back at me. You know how it is. haha

Here's the recipe I used:
Tofu Oat Loaf

1 pkg firm tofu
1/3 cup tomato or marinara sauce ( I used spicy)
1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup wheat germ

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the muffin tin with Canola Oil cooking spray or use regular Canola Oil to grease the tin. Drain the tofu and pat it dry. In a large bowl, throw ALL of the ingredients together. I used my hands to mash everything together, but I suppose you could use a potato masher. Make sure everything is well-incorporated. Make little balls with the mixture and press into muffin tin. The mixture will be loose, but will firm up when as it cooks. Makes 6 muffins! Enjoy with some spicy marinara sauce.

2 comments:

Mom said...

This one looks really good! I may actually try while my little vegey an is home!
Love you!
Aunt Beth

Joanna said...

thanks, beth! they turned out so delicious! i ate all 2 at once because they were just that good.