Friday, September 26, 2008

Thank God It's Friday

















I just got back from Pilates. Wow was it hard today. My stomach and legs were practically crying, but I guess that's what I pay for haha. Tomorrow is my last day of the fast. I must say though, it hasn't been that bad. I'm getting used to the foods I've been eating and don't really mind them. The main thing I missed while fasting was seasonings!! I couldn't have salt, cinnamon, oregano, or any other spice/herb you can think of. My food has been pretty bland, so I'm excited to put some kick back into my food. I have missed baking though... A LOT... and cooking for that matter. Until last night, I hadn't made any cooked food in a week.

The recipe for today isn't for what I made last night... I made a carrot cake for my neighbor. She tried it the last time I made it and said she LOVED it. It is really good. The recipe is under my cake section already, but I made it in a different pan. It turned out so lovely because I used a rose bundt cake pan. Today's recipe is actually for my breakfast I had this morning. I just made it up because it was so damn easy. It was rather good, a little bland, but you could definitely add some cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. I really enjoyed it and it reminded me of pumpkin pie hot outta the oven! This recipe is what I would eat if I could have it.

Here's the recipe:
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

1 cup water or 1/2 cup non-dairy milk + 1/2 cup water
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds

Directions:
Heat water, oats, and pumpkin over medium. Stir and simmer for a few minutes. Add cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. Stir until well-combined. This cooks very quickly. Cook for a total of 4 minutes, or until the mixture is nice and thick. Pour into a bowl and add pumpkin seeds. Eat up!

1 comment:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Any kind of oatmeal looks delicious to me! I have an oatmeal obsession. Is it possible to eat too much oatmeal? I hope not!