Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm so sorry... this is the last muffin... for today?

I have to go to work today. Blahh. Cannot wait til next Saturday (my last day). Thank Heavens. As for the man in the picture, it's my old boss Charlie. He's back again as a cashier and I'm like putty in his hands. I love that man!! I'll still see him because I'm doing seasonal but that won't be til November. Today, I work til 4:15 and then I gotta go home and test some recipes for school. It's for my cooking show for Biology. I'm transforming traditional blondies to vegan blondies. It shouldn't be too hard considering all the damn baking I do. haha. I say that now, but I'll probably be going nuts later.

So this is the recipe for today. It's another muffin. haha. You guys probably think I don't eat anything but muffins, but that's probably true. I ate 5 yesterday. They are just the all around health food. I found these ones on the "Have Cake, Will Travel" blog, but I adjusted the recipe. Here's what I used because they turned out really good!!! I even halved her recipe and got 5 muffins, so this is the halved recipe. The hemp seeds give this a distinct hempy flavor, but I don't mind it. I accidentally deleted all of these muffin pictures... damn... but that doesn't mean I didn't eat these like crazy. I had them with cream cheese and maple syrup. Yum.

Here's the recipe:

Cornmeal Hemp Muffins

3/4 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
pinch of sea salt
1/8 cup turbinado sugar
1/4 + 1/8 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp hemp seeds
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/8 cup applesauce
scant 1/2 cup soy milk
scant 1/2 cup freshly squeeze orange juice ( I used a mineola)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare muffin pan. In a large bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, hemp seeds, and coconut. In a smaller bowl, combine applesauce, milk, juice, and vinegar. Mix together until just mixed. Spoon into prepared muffin pan and bake for 12 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in muffin pan.

1 comment:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Your blog title is hilarious!

I'm adding you to my blogroll.