Monday, September 22, 2008

Day 2

So the first day of the fast went really well. I'm not on an all water/juice fast. I'm pretty much just eating all raw foods, tofu, natural live soy yogurt, nuts, a ton of water, and tea. It's amazing, though. My stomach is usually bloated ALL the time and this morning when I woke up, it was completely flat. I'm not gonna lie, my system got really cleaned out yesterday. This Dandelion Root Tea I've been drinking doesn't taste that good, but it does help you go to the bathroom. I pretty much just loaded up with all the fruits and vegetables I could think of and Whole Foods is always good for that. My mom and I didn't go too buckwild yesterday, but we did buy a good amount of stuff.

And today's recipe isn't part of my diet this week, but I made it last week and LOVED it. It's a tofu scramble, and I've been seeing them on blogs for months now. I was so excited to make it and used Bryanna's recipe from the "Vegan Feast Kitchen" blog. I added some other spices because I just couldn't stop! It's a combination of spices and nutritional yeast that you add to the tofu scramble. It makes a ton of scrambler mix, so I quartered the version. Most of the spices are staples in my kitchen, so it was an easy mix to make. This mix will be enough for one block of tofu.

Here's the recipe:
Tofu Scrambler Mix

1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
2 Tbsp onion powder
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano

Directions:
Just mix these together in a bowl, and you're done. As for the tofu scramble, I added half of this mix to half a block of of mashed tofu. I don't know how many ounces that is, but I ate the whole thing. Mix it around until the spice is over all of the tofu and scramble it in a non-stick pan sprayed with a little olive oil. It will get very yellow!

4 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I love every single recipe of Bryanna's that I've tried (and I have one of her cookbooks too). She is a genius!

Glad your detox/fast is going well :o)

Katie said...

I am glad you are feeling well on your cleanse. Good for you!

Joanna said...

thanks guys! i've been eating an unnatural amount of apples, but hey, at least they're good for you. haha.

i just hope that all this raw eating is worth it at the end of the week!

Huntington Park Window Shutters said...

I enjoyed rreading this