Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Day 4

Well, my birthday was just divine. Since I am fasting this week, my mom got me an Edible Arrangements Fruit Bouquet as my cake! It was so thoughtful and adorable of her. She just went crazy with presents- a bread machine, waffle maker, 2 new perfumes, brownie pan, set of strainers, earphones, 2 cookbooks, and tons of LUSH soap. It was pretty much everything on my list. I'm so damn spoiled haha I'm not a spoiled brat though. I really appreciate everything she got me. She just always goes overboard, but at least bread making won't be such a pain in the ass now. haha

As for the recipe, I've been drinking smoothies like crazy. I used a bunch of the fruit from my fruit bouquet for today's drink. It's was good, but I liked yesterday's better. I think I was just being too creative with the fruit, so there wasn't really a distinct fruity flavor. Anyway, I'll probably make it again tomorrow morning just because it wasn't all that bad. haha

Here's the recipe:
Tropical Smoothie

1 cup tropical fruit (pineapple, kiwi, cantalope, strawberries)
1/3 cup quick oats
1/3 cup tangerine juice
1 Tbsp tahini

Blend and drink. It's that easy.

3 comments:

MamaBecky said...

Jo - I know how much you appreciate everything I do - you have no idea what that means to me!
You are the furthest thing from a spoiled brat - who else would ask for a strainer for her birthday!!!
I'm so happy that you liked the fruit basket. I hope this year brings you many wonderful surprises, beautiful memories, and well-deserved rewards!

Emily said...

The bouquet is so pretty!

And I love smoothies...

Joanna said...

the bouquet was beautiful! those people probably make a fortune on sticking fruit in a head of lettuce and calling it a bouquet.