Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Day 3 and... MY BIRTHDAY!!!

So today I'm 19. I feel like I did yesterday, only more tired. haha. I woke up 3 times last night because I was itchy and then this morning, I tried to use my Dandelion Root Tea as contact lense solution. I'm just beat. I have class all day today and I'm not doing anything tonight. I have way too much homework to even think about leaving the house : ( Oh well, this coming Sunday is our big family party for the September birthdays so I'll be able to have fun there. My fast also ends this Saturday so Sunday I'm going nuts and having something good to eat!

Here's a taste of what I've been drinking this week. I just threw this smoothie together with what we had in the house, and it's really good. It doesn't make a lot but it's so thick that it took me about a 1/2 hour to drink . haha or maybe I'm just a slow drinker. The thing I like most about it was that it filled me up. I always feel hungry after I eat but this kept my belly pleased for about 3 hours. Also, just know that it is a chunky smoothie, but to me, the chunkier the better! It feels more like a meal that way.

Here's the recipe:
Tahini Oat Smoothie

1/2 cup frozen mango
1/2 cup tangerine juice
1 Tbsp tahini
1/3 cup quick oats

Put everything in a blender and press start! Enjoy!

5 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I love putting oats in smoothies.

But more importantly... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Happy belated birthday!! Love the smoothie.

Unknown said...

hey Joanna! this is crystal from your world religion class :D i love your blog! i have a question though: where do you get your dandelion root tea!!!! i havent been able to find any! i have a great detox recipe using it and all im missing is the tea... lol.

Joanna said...

hey crystal!

i got my tea at whole foods, but i've seen it in giant eagle, too. it's not in the tea section though. it was with all the medicine and vitamins. if u can't find any, i'll get u a box.

Patrick said...

Here, I don't actually consider it is likely to have effect.
grandcanyon