Saturday, September 6, 2008

Ok I really love ice cream. I really, really do.

I'm a little bit sore today. Actually, a lot. I did a pilates class yesterday and a yoga class this morning. I never thought yoga would take strength and endurance, but that's what yoga is. I work up a sweat every time I take the class. After class, my mom and I went to LUSH!! It just opened in our mall and we got so much stuff. They overcharged us by 50 bux, but that won't stop me from going back there all the time. haha. I wanna apply there because Sears is just a mess. I need a job where people are happy to be there and not wanting to stab themselves with ink tags.

And of course, I just had to put a picture up of this Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream that I've been living off of. Straight out of the container is always the way to go. Oh and I almost forgot to mention... Whole Foods might be moving closer to me!! Thank God. Now I can eat copious amounts of ice cream any time I feel like it. haha... so it wouldn't really be different than usual. But their bread is unbelievable! I just had a slice of oatmeal bread with Crunchy Time Peanut Butter.

Anyway, the recipe!! Yes, let me get to that. It's super easy but very good. It's actually almost classy haha... and I never associate myself with the word classy let alone my food. It's for tempeh wrapped figs. I am obsessed with fakin bacon and figs, so the two join together in perfect harmony.

Here's the recipe:
Tempeh-Wrapped Figs

2 strips Tempeh Fakin Bacon
2 Figs
Balsamic Vinegar
Honey

Directions:

Wrap the tempeh around the fig and poke a toothpick through to secure it. Without spraying a pan, heat the figs over medium heat. Turn the figs so all the sides can cook and begin to brown. This takes about 5 minutes. When the figs are done, put them on a plate, and pour balsamic vinegar and honey onto each one. Make them look nice and fancy. haha.
Note: I use honey in the recipe because I don't understand why vegans don't eat it. It's probably my favorite food haha.

No comments: