Sunday, September 7, 2008

It all started with Carrot Cake

I have to go to work today. Blahhh. I'm bringing all of my Biology homework as usual. Maybe even some American Literature as well. No one cares what we do at that damn job anyways. And I figure, hey, they scheduled 10 hours more than I told them I could work, so I'll just use that time to do my homework and study. It's a win win situation haha. I just feel like I 'm going to crack. I'm so nervous about this Biology test on Tuesday. It's four chapters and there's a hell of a lot being covered in each one.

And just to make me feel better, and hopefully you, too, here's a picture of the blueberry ice cream again. I got really snap happy that day. It's just really good and if you haven't bought any after I've been telling you about, then you don't deserve it anyway. haha I'm kidding... or am I?

All right. Here's this morning's recipe. I made it last night at midnight because I wasn't tired at all. It's the Carrot Cake Oatmeal from "eat me, delicious." The moment I saw it on her blog, I was starstruck. I HAD to make it. The smell of it is amazing, and I added some cinnamon for a more authentic feel.

Here's the recipe:

Carrot Cake Oatmeal

1/2 cup rolled or instant oats
1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup grated carrot (1 carrot)
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp chopped pecans
1 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut

Directions: Combine the oats, soy milk, water, carrots, and salt in a saucepan. Turn heat to medium and stir occasionally until mixture comes almost to a boil and most of the liquid is absorbed, which takes about 5-7 minutes. When oats are done, stir in vanilla and cinnamon. Pour oats into a bowl and add the maple syrup, pecans, and coconut.

It's so easy, but tastes amazing!!!!! It makes a very large bowl of oatmeal so you won't be hungry soon. Don't cut the recipe down though... save the rest if you can't finish it... or mail it to me. haha

3 comments:

eatme_delicious said...

Yaey glad you liked it. =)

A.M. said...

Carrot Cake Oatmeal, that sounds really intriguing...

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog by the way! :-)

Joanna said...

I really recommend making that oatmeal! I ate it 2 days in a row for breakfast. It's amazing.