Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I couldn't stop eating this.


Alrighty. So I am off the ENTIRE day! It feels amazing right now. I have so much stuff I wanna do... sunbathe, get my haircut, run in South Park, go to the library, go to Michaels, go to the gym, and homework (only because I have to). I hope I have time to squeeze it all in. Today reminds me of the last day I'm alive for some reason- trying to do a million things in one day. It's kind of exciting. haha

And since I'm in a great mood, I had to put up a picture of the largest underwear in the world. I found them at Sears, of course. I'm gonna go back and get them because I've needed a new set of sheets.

And the corn is from Whole Foods. I tried to make the Whole Foods "kettle corn tasting" corn and I did it. It tasted just like the damn stuff. I should've left it on the grill longer, but I'm not complaining. It was delicious.

All this food talk and I haven't even posted a recipe! The recipe for today is Dreena Burton's AMAZING Pan-Fried Tempt-eh! Wow, that's all I can say. It supposedly makes 5-6 servings, but I ate it all last night around 12 am. haha. I drenched mine in ketchup, but that's because I'm weird. I put ketchup on everything.

Here's the recipe:
Pan-Fried Tempt-eh!

1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar (may use apple cider vinegar)
1 1/2 tbsp tamari
1 pkg (8oz) tempeh
3-4 tbsp arrowroot powder
3 tbsp coconut oil
lemon wedges (for serving)

Directions:
In a large shallow dish, mix rice vinegar and tamari. On a cutting board, cut tempeh into about 1/2 x 3 1/2 in slices. Add tempeh to vinegar-tamari mixture to marinate, turning slices to absorb marinade on both sides. If possible, allow tempeh to marinate for 20 minutes or more in the refrigerator.

In a large dish, spread arrowroot powder. Dip each tempeh slice in arrowroot, gently tapping to remove any clumps. In a non-stick frying pan on high, heat oil. Add tempeh slices and fry on one side for 3-5 minutes until crispy, adding more oil if needed. Flip again if needed. Remove and serve immediately with a squeeze of lemon wedge or with a favorite dipping sauce...like ketchup!

No comments: