Tuesday, September 16, 2008

i have a thing for making the same thing 2 days in a row

Good Morning Everyone! I'm hardly awake right now, but I have class this morning. I didn't really get all of my homework done, but that's the least of my worries. haha. I only had night class yesterday but spent most of the day doing things that I wanted to do... like sleeping and looking at food blogs. So if I have any pop quizzes or turn-in homework, it's completely my fault for not being prepared. haha. I think I've just come to a point in my life where I like doing things for myself. If I don't get one thing done, it's because I found something better to take up some of my time. And I'm okay with it :)

So anyways, it's another Seitan recipe for today. I have made Seitan with barbaque sauce before, but I used a few different ratios of ingredients. This wasn't as thick, but I still really liked it. Maybe it's because I just really like Seitan? I don't know. But I ate this up really fast. haha

Here's the recipe:
Barbarian Seitan

1 (8oz) pkg Seitan, chopped in bite-sized pieces
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
1/2-3/4 cup vegetable stock
2 Tbsp Worceshire Sauce
1/3 cup barbeque sauce (I used half sweet onion sauce and half spicy sauce)
1 Tbsp brown rice miso

Directions: Heat 1/2 cup vegetable stock over medium. Add seitan and onion and simmer for 5 minutes. Add Worceshire sauce, barbeque sauce, and brown rice miso. Stir to combine and cook for another 5 minutes. If sauce gets too thick, add the rest of the vegetable stock (another 1/4 cup). At this point, the barbeque sauce cooks pretty fast. When the sauce is at the consistency you want, the seitan is done!!

No comments: