Monday, August 18, 2008

Some damn good pasta

I love using the food processor!!!!! That is, except for cleaning that damn thing. But I'll clean it if I can get really good food out of it. And that's exactly what I'm eating for breakfast right now... really good food. I have a big meeting today for school to talk about events for the honors program. We have A LOT of things to discuss for this school year, so I knew I wanted to relax this morning. I'm watching the Olympics Table Tennis, and it's pretty darn tense right now. I've never been good at the game, but I've never met anyone really good at it either... so I'm not that disappointed. haha.

But here's the divine recipe for today! I found it on the Vegan Yum Yum blog, and it tastes so fresh. It's not creamy like it is on the blog, and I'm thinking that it might be because I used angel hair pasta? I'm not sure, but it still tastes good. I added some other ingredients to give it some flavor (I changed the title), and I just love it. I had it for dinner last night and the rest is gone as we speak. It's so much lighter than the pastas I've had in the past, so you have to try it!

Here's the recipe:
Tomato Basil Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes

1 large ripe tomato, 2 cups chopped
1/2 cup raw cashews
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/4 cup water

2 tbsp vegetable stock
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 oz whole wheat angel hair
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 handful basil, chopped
2-3 handfuls fresh spinach
Directions:

Boil a large pot of salted water. Core tomato and chop it. Add all of the tomato, cashews, tomato paste, and water to the food processor. Blend it until it's very smooth. In a large saute pan, heat the vegetable stock on medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and cook until golden. When water is boiling, add pasta to water and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente. Pour the sauce from the food processor into the saute pan with the garlic. Add the salt, pepper, and onion powder. stir and simmer for 4-5 minutes. When pasta is done cooking, drain, and add to the saute pan with the sauce. Add the basil leaves and spinach and stir until well-coated. And that's all folks!

No comments: