Saturday, August 30, 2008

Chili Chili Bo Billy

Well, it turns out that I have the works: IBS and Reflux Esophigitis. They did a biopsy for Celiac disease, so we'll see how that turns up. The worst part of the endoscopy was the I.V. Dear Lord!!! I cried my eyes out when the nurse put that damn thing in my arm. After the doc gave me the anethesia, I was out. I don't remember a thing, and I slept for over an hour. I got wheeled out of the hospital by an older gentleman. He was a volunteer there, a little shy, but I didn't care. I was so out of it, a serial killer could've wheeled me out and I wouldn't have noticed. Thankfully, my mama got me a hospital milkshake. They have the best chocolate milkshakes in the world!! I won't even compete with them because I'll lose. There's a beautiful picture of my almost-finished one. I ended up eating one of my muffins when I got home. They are AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS!!! Pretty much some of the best damn muffins in the world. After that, I slept for a few more hours. Then, I woke up at about 9:00 pm and made chili!!!

Yeah, I think I was kind of awake when I made this. Who knows? But it is VERY good chili. It's vegan, of course, but it tastes better than real chili. I found the recipe on Cookie Madness, but I changed it and added some sweet stuff. It's probably not very good for my stomach, but do I care?

Here's the recipe:
Summertime Chili

1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini
1 medium-size pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp ground cumin
12 oz pkg Yves meatless ground meat, frozen
1 (14.5) oz can diced tomatoes
1 (14.5) oz can stewed tomatoes
2 tbsp chili powder
1 (8)oz can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
2 tsp honey
1 tsp paprike
1 (15)oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp cocoa powder

Directions:
In a large pot, heal oil over medium. Add onion and zucchini and saute for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add 1/2 cup vegetable stock, pepper, garlic, and cumin and heat for another 2-3 minutes. Add frozen meat and stir well. Break the meat up as it begins to cook for 3 minutes. Now pour in both cans of tomatoes, chili powder, tomato sauce, and remaining vegetable stock. Stir well, then add honey and paprika. Simmer for 5-6 minutes, or until meat is broken up. Add drained black beans and cocoa powder, and simmer for another 1-2 minutes. Makes about 8 cups.

You're ready to eat!




No comments: