Thursday, August 7, 2008

Just Plain Hungry


After a tough workout at the gym today, I was famished when I got home. There was a bunch of random stuff in my house that I just didn't know what to do with. Not knowing exactly what I was hungry for, I threw together this delicious vegetable medley with tempeh bacon. DEAR LORD! It is so good. I'm finishing my bowl right now and getting another after I type this.

Here's the recipe:
Hungry Woman's Veggies with Tempeh Bacon
PAM cooking spray
1/2 cup vegetable stock
1/3 cup chopped onions
1 baked potato, cut into chunks (I used Yukon Gold)
1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
2 cloves of garlic
1 medium-sized tomato, cut into chunks
1-2 tbsp fresh dill (I LOVE dill)
1 tsp paprika
a few dashes of freshly ground black pepper
2 strips of Tempeh bacon, cut into bite-sized chunks
1 tbsp agave nectar
Directions:

Spray skillet with PAM, a good amount. Add the vegetable stalk, onions, garlic, and tomato. Let simmer for 1 minute. Add in the spinach, tomato, dill, paprika, and pepper. Let the spinach cook down a little bit, about 1-2 minutes, and then add in your chunks of baked potato. Move the veggies around the skillet with a spatula until the potatoes get a nice coating of the spices. Add in the tempeh bacon and cook until their is the fragrant bacon smell in the kitchen, about 2 minutes. Add in the agave nectar and let simmer for about 20 seconds. Take the meal off the skillet and top with some guacamole.

Guacamole

1 avocado, mashed
juice of half a lime
1/2 tsp of sea salt
1-2 tsp ground cumin

Combine ingredients and add on the top of your veggies and tempeh bacon. The heat of the veggies and the coolness of the guacamole is just a delicious fiesta of flavors in your mouth!

2 comments:

Stephanie ODea said...

yay Joanna! this looks and sounds amazing.

welcome to the blogosphere!
xox
steph

Joanna said...

Thanks, steph!

I'm still kind of confused on how blogs have links to other blogs, too. I can't figure it out for the life of me!