Friday, August 22, 2008

Vegan Mac and Cheese # 3

Well, I have no school today. THANK GOD!!! I do have to work, but just the fact that there's no class makes up for my crappy time spent at Sears. After work, I'm hangin' out with my friend, Mitchel. We'll probably dance in the Sears parking lot for a while cuz that's just what we do. He leaves for school tomorrow morning, and tonight is the last night I'll see him for a while. It's so damn depressing. I still have my friends here, though. Speaking of friends, I saw my good friend Ted at the gym last night. He's 70 yrs old and is a hardcore cyclist. I love that man. We usually have push up competitions but I had already done my set. And since we're on the topic of the gym. I just want to thank all the hotties that were there last night. You guys made my workout effortless. haha

Alrighty, recipe time!!!! This is my third vegan mac and cheese recipe. I'm on my second bowl for breakfast right now, and I'm enjoying it. There was a good amount of nutritional yeast, but it isn't a fake cheesy taste at all. I baked mine after I made the sauce, and I wouldn't recommend doing that. It dried out the sauce too much. It's still delicious even baked- I just added some tamari to moisten it a little. Tamari tastes good on EVERYTHING!! I found the recipe on some other vegan blog (can't remember what it was), but I changed the original recipe quite a bit.

Here's the recipe:
Cheese Wiz Mac n Cheese

2 cups whole wheat macaroni
1 15.5 oz can Cannellini Beans
6 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
3-4 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp tahini
1/2 onion granules
1 tsp prepared yellow mustard
1/2 tsp salt
dash of freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4-1/2 cup vegetable stock

Directions:
In a large pot of salted,boiling water, add 2 cups of macaroni and cook for 7 minutes. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a food processor starting with 1/4 cup vegetable stock. Blend until smooth (if it's a little thick, add the other 1/4 cup of vegetable stock). When macaroni is finished cooking, drain the pasta, and place in a large dish. Add the "cheese" sauce and stir together until well-incorporated. You're ready to eat!

No comments: