Sunday, August 24, 2008

Great Day for a Pinic!

This morning is amazing. No work, no school, new Postsecret posts, delicious cereal breakfast, yoga, and painting my nails. This is the freakin life, I swear. Haha. So different from yesterday's hellish day at work. All day in the mens department + me = a hot, tranny mess. Well, actually a cold, tranny mess. I ended up taking the tags off of a jacket from the juniors department and wearing it during my shirt. I really like it and considered taking it home with me because we have no security anymore. Haha but I refrained from my thievish ways. but come on, it's a god damn freezer over there. I was just happy to leave at 4 and go to Bally's. My friend Dina was at the gym and we talked about love affairs and all the hot guys around us. She's friends with ALL of them, and she's probably in her 60's or 70's. Can you say playa?

But onto today's recipe. I'm going to a picnic today with my sister, dad, and grandma. It's at a place in South Park, so it should be nice and relaxing. I baked a beautiful cake last night after I got home from grocery shopping. My coworker gave me the recipe for a German Chocolate Crater Cake. I didn't have German Chocolate cake mix, so I used Devil's Food instead. I haven't tried it yet because it's still in the baking dish. It looks amazing though, and the smell was enough to make me faint... in a good way. haha

Here's the recipe:
Devil's Food Crater Cake

1 cup pecans, chopped
1 cup flaked coconut
1 box Devil's Food Cake mix, prepared as on box directions
1 8 oz pkg. cream cheese
1 (2.05 oz) Milky Way candy bar
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup butter
1 16 oz box powdered sugar

Directions:

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray 9 X 13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
3. Sprinkle pecans and coconut over bottom of baking dish.
4. Prepare cake mix as on box. Pour over pecans and coconut.
5. Melt over low heat cream cheese and butter. Stir in powdered sugar and continue stirring until blended. (It will look like there is a ton of powdered sugar, but it cooks down, so keep stiring it)
6. Pour or spoon cream cheese mixture over the cake batter.
7. Place baking dish on top of a cookie sheet just in case the cake overflows. Bake about 40-45 minutes.
8. While cake is baking, melt milky way candy bar in evaporated milk. Cool slightly.
9. When cake is baked, poke holes over the top with fork. Pour the chocolate cream over the top of cake.

1 comment:

Zachary said...

I read really much effective material above!
pumpkin carving ideas | fake belly button rings | canned salmon