Saturday, August 23, 2008

Easy as Cheese

Alrighty. Let me just say how tired I am right now. I have to work in a little bit, and I haven't been sleeping a lot. I think my lack of sleep is due to something my religions teacher said. He told us he knew a man named Dr. Chan who slept for 4 hours a night because anything more than that was a waste and there is too much stuff to do and learn. I think I agree with him, so that's probably why I'm so damn tired all the time! haha oh well. I ended up hanging out with Mitchel last night. We went to Giant Eagle- he stole doughnuts- I found a can of JACKFRUIT (thank god)-we tried Goober for the first time (it's delicious)-we danced in the Sears parking lot... I think that's about it. I'm gonna miss him though, heck I already do : ( Oh well, the good news is that I have a jar of Goober! I was gonna give it to my history teacher if we didn't like it, but I LOVE it.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time Peanut Butter Jelly Time Peanut Butter Jelly Peanut Butter Jelly Peanut Butter Jelly with a bowl of cottage cheese! Ok that's what I made. Vegan Cottage Cheese. I am addicted to cottage cheese, and with me wanting to be a vegan and all, that was the one thing I had to give up. Well, not since I found a recipe for it. It doesn't compare to rich, creamy goodness of real cottage cheese, but it does its' job. So in other words, I really like it! The cat wouldn't try it-she sniffed it, though.

Here's the recipe
Vegan Cottage Cheese

1 box firm or extra-firm silken tofu
1/4 cup soymilk, soy yogurt, or sour cream (I used soymilk)
pinch of salt
1 tbsp agave nectar

In a bowl, mash tofu into small or medium bits. Mix the remaining ingredients into the bowl and chill.

Note: If you want a creamier cheese, whip 1/4 of the mixture into a food processor or blender and then recombine it with the remaining mixture.

No comments: