Saturday, November 22, 2008
Good morning everyone!!! I never get up this early, but I just couldn't stay asleep. Right now, I'm watching America's Next Top Model reruns on MTV. I usually hate this show but somehow, I can't look away... except at the monitor!!! But on the brighter side of things (since it is morning), this is a picture of our cat. Everyone in the Blogosphere has cat pictures and I was starting to feel left out. Her name is Butter, and she's completely huge. My mom only feeds her Party Mix Treats, so that's what the cat lives off of. She's usually pretty friendly to people, but she likes to attack the dog. Our dog is ancient and last night, the cat jumped on her back. The dog completely flipped out, snapped at her, and started barking. I didn't break them up because the only thing I could do was laugh hysterically.
But here's the deal with food. I baked a lot yesterday, so you probably know what that means already... MUFFINS!! I baked Carrot Pineapple Muffins from The Everyday Vegan. The recipe calls for canned crushed pineapple, but I just cut up chunks of fresh pineapple. These were really moist and flavorful... and tall (as they usually are). I ate two of these babies for dinner. I just loved them.
Here's the recipe:
Carrot Pineapple Muffins
2 cups oat flour
1/4 cup organic cane sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
a couple pinches of sea salt
3/4 cup carrots, finely grated
1/2 cup pineapple chunks, diced or 1 8oz can crushed pineapple, drained
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk or soy milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp canola oil
Directions: Preheat oven to 375F. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Mix well. Add the carrots, pineapple, and raisins and stir well. In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, milk, and vanilla, and add to dry mixture. Stir through and add canola oil as it starts to come together. Mix until just combined. Spoon into a lightly greased muffin tin and bake for 19-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Makes 10-12 muffins.
As for more fun and exciting stuff, I got a Butterfly Award from Bethany at Spotted Devil Cat and his Vegan Assistant (that name is just amazing). It's my first blog award, I really appreciate it, Bethany!!! In fact, this post is dedicated to Bethany because she's awesome and hands up one of the FUNNIEST people I've ever met.
meme rules & regs:
(1) post about the award,
(2) link back to the person that nominated you
(3) place the award on your sidebar
(4) choose 10 blogs that you think are really cool, link to them, contact each person and talk about why you think their blogs are cool.
Since some of my favorite blogs already have the award, these blogs are ones that I don't think have it yet. I always stalk these blogs religiously, so they deserve it!!! They keep me away from my homework for hours.
1. Agnes' World of Vegan Pleasures- Agness!!! You are the happiest person I know. I love talking to you all the time about life, food, school, guys, and all that other fun girl stuff. I know we'll meet someday even if you live in Poland. Stay happy and funky!!!
2. A Vegan with a Reason- Becca!!! We have so much in common and you are a blast to talk to. You have awesome taste in music, and I know we'd be great friends if you lived in the Pittsburgh. We both have a weird sense of humor, but that's why you're so funny.
3. Sugar Plum- Emiline!!! You are such a creative, and cool cook. I love reading your blog because I know I'll see something crazy and beautiful. You're really friendly, and I know you'll reach your dreams of going to culinary school.
4. Vegan Dance if you Want to- Jenn!!! You are such a cool and random girl and I love seeing all the stuff you make. That Vegan Scrapple still cracks me up. We both love the Vita-Mix and grocery shopping, so that pretty much tells me all I need to know haha
5. A Year of Crockpotting- Stephanie!! I read your blog everyday in amazement at how creative and hilarious you are. You are really honest, but in a funny way. The food you come up with is great, and I know you'll be using the crockpot forever!!!
6. Cookie Madness- Anna!! Where do I even begin? You are a master baker-cookie maker. You're soo nice and friendly and Fuzz is lucky to have you as a mom. You were the first blog I started reading, and you inspired me to start my own. Thanks for being so great!
7. Yummy, Low Calorie Diet Food- Juliet!!! You've got a knack for finding really good food. I always add something to my grocery list after I read your blog. You're a really positive person and you know a lot about nutrition, too. Your husband's a lucky man!!!
8. Chocolate Covered Vegan- Katie!!! You are such a nice girl. You're always smiling (in your blog pictures) and just being plain adorable. You are a master fondant handler and I envy your mad skills!! You'll always be the Cupcake Queen!
9. Veggie Girl- Liz!! You are the busiest person I virtually know. haha You're really good at getting everything done and keeping a positive attitude. You're also a great dancer and also a contributor to my Enrique Iglesis obsession. Thanks for that! haha
10. Flowers at Home- Flower! You are a very gentle human being and a beautiful writer. I don't think you would ever say something mean or hurt anyone's feelings. You're just a really good person. Your blog is very soothing and calming... like a warm, bubble bath... with candles.
Wow that took a long time, so all of you better appreciate this post!!! haha