Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I eat a lot of ice cream

Okay. So the carrot cake was absolutely delicious. I gave a piece to me neighbor, and she said that it was the best carrot cake she has ever had. I wouldn't say it's the best I've had, but it was damn good. There's none left, so you know people loved it. The party was just all around fun. My aunt ordered a singing Gorilla to come to the house to surprise my mom. My mother was MORTIFIED!! Harry, the gorilla, brought her a bunch of bananas and then dragged her outside to parade around the neighborhood with her. My poor mother!!

Anyways, my title has nothing to do with the recipe for today/tonight. I just love ice cream. I make myself one or two sundaes every night, actually, it's always two. haha. I just bought the Purely Decadent Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream. Need I say more? Yeah. It's pure sex in my mouth. I love it. I eat it with Vegan Fluff, marshmallows, and dates rolled in coconut. If I wanted to lose 5 pounds, I'm positive that would be the reason it wouldn't come off. haha. Luckily, I don't care about my weight. I care about good food!! So here's a recipe for you guys. I made this salsa for the party. It was VERY spicy, so we had to mix it with regular salsa as well. I'd still recommend making it though because it's so fresh and it has a great kick. I found it on the Food Network website by some random, not famous chef. Let me warn you though... my fingers burned for 2 days after cutting those damn chiles. I washed my hands like crazy, too. So Godspeed my friends.

Here's the recipe:
Dancing Salsa
5 medium tomatoes, diced
1/1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
4 fresh serrano chiles, seeded
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp turbinado sugar
3 tbsp lime juice
salt and pepper

Directions:
Seed tomatoes, dice, and throw into a bowl. Seed chiles, dice, and throw into same bowl. Add onion, fresh cilantro, garlic, sugar, lime juice, and salt and pepper. Stir together and eat up as is or mix in jarred salsa.

1 comment: