Tuesday, March 17, 2009

2 Month Anniversary!!!


Yay!! I am so excited about today. It's been 2 months since I last used shampoo. Here's an update on my hair: It looks gross!! haha I really want to get it trimmed but don't want the hair stylist to say how nasty it looks. I don't really know when my hair-detoxing period will end. Hopefully soon. I've been curling it with spongecurlers so you can't really notice that it's greasy. I mean, nobody on the streets has come up to me about my hair, so when that happens, well... I knock them out haha

On another note, have any of you tried kelp noodles?? I ordered a pack of them and got them in the mail yesterday. They are SOOO delicious. I am shocked at how good they are. I was expecting to bite into a squishy, clear worm, but they are kind of crunchy (they still look like worms though). I'd recommend them if you haven't tried them- they are all RAW, too. The bag I ordered was really small (only 2.5 oz) and if I were you, I'd get a bigger one. I'm practically done with the one I got. I ate them with some swiss chard and hummus. YUMMY!

And of course, I just had to show you some pictures of Corey, Landsy, and me again.
We've been sleeping together because he gets lonely at night and I always succumb to what he wants. It's usually okay until he takes ALL the covers and pushes me off the bed.

Landsy got a little frisky, and I felt uncomfortable... haha just kidding. I loved it!!


We finally got to sleep around 3 after chatting for a few hours. He'll talk your ear off if you let him.

I made Corey wear my bathrobe just for fun and he LOVES it now. haha Okay, that's a total lie, but I don't care. He's wearing the damn thing!

Anyways, have a great St. Patrick's Day, guys. I'm not doing anything, but maybe you are. Oh and I almost forgot to ask if any of you Twilight fans are going to the Twilight Midnight Movie Release this Friday?!?!?!! You know I'll be there. I asked my sister to get there at 3 pm with me and she looked at me like I had just told her I was pregnant. She doesn't really have a choice though. I pick her ass up from school so I am skipping the detour home and going straight the mall!!!!!!!!

Twilight Fans (Psychos) Unite!!

25 comments:

aredcardigan said...

hehehehe i always love your post jo-riot and you're so beautiful when u are sleeping...awwwww

wow don't think i've tried sea kelp noodles...interesting!

hi to corey and belly rubs for landsy!

and happy 2nd shampoofree
monthiversary!

Jen aka Jewbacca said...

i'm not much of a st. patty's person. i'll have to try the sea kelp noodles though.

Noodlegirl said...

omg wash your hair already! lol isn't it itching hhhehehe? I seen those noodles at the store but have not tried it yet. Have you tried the tofu noodles? It didn't rock my boat.

Wandering Coyote said...

Have you considered a vinegar rinse for your hair? It does wonders - really! You dilute the vinegar with water and rinse away. Just an idea. I used to do this as a kid and it really made my hair so nice and shiney.

jessy said...

hooray for 2 months of being shampoo free, Joanna! that rocks so hard! and hooray for fun corey & landsy photos! i love 'em! have fun this friday, girlie! wahooooo!

VeggieGirl said...

HOORAY FOR THE 2 MONTH MARK!! :-D

Gina said...

One of my special ed kids knows that I have read Twilight, so we talk about it every few days, and she asked me last week if I would go to the release with her and her mom.....oh man, too cute. Enjoy it!

I hope your hair gets not gross soon.

Kelly said...

Those noodles sound really interesting. I will have to be on the lookout.

I have similar paranoias about going to the hair dresser but mine stem from the fact I haven't been in a year which I am ashamed of. I hate when they comment negatively on hair. So not necessary.

Noodlegirl said...

Joanna,

They actually sell quite a few of them in the supermarket here oh lucky me in Ashland lol! I keep seeing it but never tried it I will buy it next time I do grocery shopping!

Thank goodness someone doesn't like the tofu pasta too I really didn't like it i even tried it 2x to make sure lol!

Pearl said...

congrats on the 2 months!

Reeni♥ said...

You look like a sleeping angel!

I've never heard of sea-kelp noodles, but I'd try them. I wonder if you can cook them.

I can't believe it's been two months already. I admire you for that. I bought some vegan shampoo, it's making my hair real soft.

I can't wait to get Twilight!! I didn't go to see it in the movies and I am counting down the days!!!

Veggie Wedgie said...

2 months without using shampoo?WOW i dont think i could ever do that...WOW

Vegetation said...

You're definitely a more persistent person that I am! I would've given up and washed mine by now :P

I love the photos of you and Landsy and hahaha, I love even more that Corey is wearing your robe!!

online bible degree said...

Hmmm sea kelp noodles...never heard that but interesting and I will try. Wow 2 months without shampoo? Congrats for a successful hair-detox.

Reeni♥ said...

Hi Jo, I'm so sorry I didn't come over sooner to answer your question. The shampoo is by L'oreal it is in a purple tube. Let me know if you try it! I know your having fun at the Twilight release, and I'm jealous!

Jenn said...

I'm watching Twilight RIGHT now. I have the Roku and bought it from Amazon on Demand. Here's to technology!

Bethany said...

somehow I KNEW you were talking about your hair when I read the post's title. am I a psychic or what?

When my hair is gross, I wear a hat. Like somehow I'm fooling somebody :)

I've had kelp noodles before at chaco canyon in Seattle. crunchy goodness. yum.

Resveratrol said...

2 months without using shampoo?WOW i dont think i could ever do that...WOW

Michelle said...

Your hair doesn't look too bad...but I couldn't do what you've done!! I have never tried kelp noodles. Hmmmm....interesting. :)

Cute pictures by the way!

Joie de vivre said...

I can't remember If I've told you this before, but I found this shampooless shampoo called "no poo" (ha ha) at a local beauty store. I didn't investigate it too much, but I thought of you. I finally finished the Twilight series and loved it. I want a series that follows Jacob and Renesmee now.

Acai said...

2 months without using shampoo? Wow, you're game!

Shopping Blog said...

So, even though the links of london wedding attire is given the prime links jewellery focus, it is important to look into links of london uk issues like the choice of hair and make-up, cheap links of london shoes that compliment the attire and links london jewellery other such seemingly trivial yet very cheap watch charm important details.Things to Look Out for friendship bracelets by choosing, shoes that compliment your sweetie bracelets uk wedding attire perfectly. Make sure to not only Links london Chains focus on the look of the shoe but to also pay links london pendants attention to the material of the shoe.

Isaac said...

Wow, there's so much worthwhile information here!
world globe map | house values | Ecuador map

kristi said...

for 2 months of being shampoo free, Joanna! that Stellenbosch Restaurant rocks so hard! and hooray for fun corey & landsy photos! i love 'em! have fun this friday, girlie! wahooooo!

victoryab said...

I have http://www.fightfatusa.com browsed through your post, keep it up posting the same http://www.20poundsamonth.com subjects, I would absolutely be fond to see extra stuff you.