Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bahumbug

Hello, guys. I've been kind of lazy lately. Ever since I finished my last final on Monday night, I've been beat!!! I did get my grades for the semester and am rather pleased. I got 4 A's and 1 B. The B is in Trig, but I am so grateful for it!!! That was a dang hard class. I started back to work this week at Sears, too. I have to get up at 5 am the next 3 days to be at work. Shoot me. Who the hell is going to be shopping at Sears (of all places) that early?!?!?! I definitely wouldn't if I were a normal human being- which I'm not haha but none of us bloggers really are. I'm just a little worried about my morning bowel movements due to my DrNatura cleanse. I'll be working in the men's department on the 2nd floor and it's the furthest from the 1st floor bathroom. Just lovely. I have to drink a hefty cup of pure fiber in the morning, so the Sears customers and employees better brace themselves haha

Today at work was just really stressful. The most annoying part was looking at my schedule and seeing that I work straight through next Friday, with the exception of Christmas. I just wanted to quit when I saw it haha The managers do this to me on purpose because I'm a college student. In case any of you haven't noticed, I am NOT a work horse. I'd prefer a job where I work about 2 or 3 days a week and come and go as I please. Obviously, if I have a bakery someday, I'll be there all the time, but at least I'll be doing what I love. With Sears, it's just a little pocket change to buy frivolous items with.

When I got home from work, I just wanted food. I was seriously doing some emotional eating, but I don't care. I was hungry though, but I did eat a lot. My main regret food was the strawberries dipped in chocolate. It's not that I regret eating it, it's what I found in the food. When I bit into a strawberry, I found a green worm in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How disgusting is that, people!?!?! That's never happened to me before. I just wanted to throw up.

But I guess you've heard enough of my whining. I do have to get to sleep. Have a good Friday everyone and don't behave ;)

30 comments:

aredcardigan said...

hahahaha funny strip!

oh noes...not my fav heavenberries!

yay...girl you've got good grades! whoo hoo!

don't work so hard...blog more;)

Anonymous said...

awww I'm sorry! Doesn't sound very funny:(
Starting tomorrow I get two weeks vacation from work.. I think that if someone made me work right around Christmas I would definitely try strangling them. I don't suppose that is an option for ya?;)

fleur said...

Haha love the picture :)
You tell such lovely stories

Megan said...

ugh, creepy crawlies are disgusting, ESPECIALLY then they are in your fruit!!!! that berry looked so perfect, too...

I found a questionable type thing like that when I bit into an apple once; I didn't eat apples again for almost a year ahaha.

aredcardigan said...

Firstly...you ARE worldly smart...whatchu talkin bout? hehe

Secondly, it would be a pleasure for me to have your company...anytime Jo Riot;)

Thirdly, I wish you were cooking instead of dealing with work/people...UGH!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Ah, sorry to hear you have caught a serious case of the 'Bah Humbugs'!
No wonder though, having to work over the holidays >:o(
And worms in your strawbs? That's never good.
Great grades though buddy! Congrats!
Happy Holidays dude, don't work too hard >;op

Pearl said...

holy crap! the strawberry is SO pretty! but that is ONE contrasting worm!

and oh.. i don't know what i'm making for christmas. my family has never ever really celebrated christmas, but my mom is thinking of serving some ham!

Anonymous said...

Thankyou so much!
Well, i decided to switch to wordpress because it seemed like a cleaner cut and easier for people reading it. I want it more user friendly, I guess. I also wanted to include more fashion parts... which didn't make sense on a just food blog. I ALSO wanted to have a recipes page... I'm still working on that part though, stupid wordpress isn't letting me subcategorize:( Bleh.
I don't know what I am getting my mom for christmas, I still haven't bought anything yet!!! I wish I could tell you what I am getting my family.. but if they are stalkers and see this comment it would ruin the Christmas Surprise! haha

Reeni said...

Eww sorry about the worm! He is kind of cute, though. I love the little piggy cartoon. I hope all goes well for you at work...I'm wondering are you losing weight from this cleanse?

Jen said...

that was a beautiful strawberry, no wonder that little worm wanted to live there!

Agnesss =) said...

Jo !!!!!!!!!

Oh oh....sound like a nasty job for a girl there...with all the men haha =PPP

Jo....DID YOU RECEIVE MY EMAIL...??!!!!

PLS LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!

HUGGGGGS!!!

Gina said...

I am not even close to a workhorse either. Actually...I haven't worked for over 2 years (well, some volunteer stuff), which is kind of crazy.

While the worm on his own is okay, I'm sorry you found him in your food...gross :(

Bethany said...

congrats on the good grades! All that sweating in the math class paid off.

5 AM is harsh.

If you can afford it, work as few hours as you can. I worked too much in college and that was a mistake. Trust me, when you're done, you'll have plenty of time working for the man :).

wormy yuck. I've seen those before on leafy greens.

HangryPants said...

Sorry about the crazy work schedule and the worm - yikes!!!!

Congrats on the good grades!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the comment! haha those shoes are nuts! More power to ya if you rock them..i personally don't have the fashion sense to put together the outfit for it haha. I found a worm like that in my strawberries this past summer! i cursed at it and then put it out of its misery ..he saw it coming im pretty sure. ha have a good one!

Anonymous said...

are you serious about the worm? I thought worms were in.. apples. o_0;

Maggie M. said...

Oh my gosh! Poor you! Poor worm!

Yay for the grades though.

Hope work things work out m'dear. Have a good weekend :)

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Joanna, that's like having a worm in the tequila!!! My daughter just finished her finals for this semester too. She goes to UTEP. She's a sophmore there. Talk about stress time. But, it's time to relax a little before school starts again. I let her have a chocolate margarita on her birthday and at Christmas too. Mom's are like that. Have a wonderful holiday week sweetie. Big hugs.

Tea Time With Melody said...

Please stop by, I have a little something for you.

Emily said...

OH GROSS! I'm so sorry you had to find that.

Jenn said...

Congrats on awesome grades. You're supposed to get B's in math, otherwise you're a total nerd. :-)

Tea Time With Melody said...

Joanna, my daughter is 22, she just graduated from the University of California, Davis in June. Getting married next October too!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Eeeek, bugs do NOT belong in fruit - blech :-( Sorry about that!!

Becka Robinson said...

Oh, that is kind of gross. But at least you know your strawberries were pestacide free. LOL

Kelly said...

You poor thing. I used to work in retail so I can fully relate. I also cannot believe it about the worm. Ew! Ew! Ew!

Elizabeth said...

Oh gross!!

Sorry your job isn't fun. At least you get to meet some cute boys, right? :)

Anonymous said...

Jo!!! I miss you in the blogging world hehe, how have you been? Are things stressed with your job because of the Christmas season? I hope you're okay! Have a nice holiday!

jessy said...

nice job on your grades! that's so awesome!

sorry you found a worm - eek! and i'm sorry they have you working so much - that stinks! hang in there & enjoy the holidays!

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

Oh yuck!! Worm-berries!

Your grades are fabulous Jo! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

That's not a worm, it's a caterpillar. o_o
It's not dirty or gross, it's a fellow animal. I don't understand with whats so wrong with finding insects in food, they have to eat too. I think it's cute. I hope you put it outside to turn into a beautiful butterfly.